What information do we collect?
How do we use your information?
- Personal Information You Share with Us: "Personal Information" is information that can personally identify you, such as your name, email address and telephone number. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may retain it as reasonably required to serve you and operate the Service. Personal Information that we collect depends on how you use the Service. Providing your Personal Information to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features of the Service; and
- Information We Collect Automatically: When you visit the Service, we may automatically collect identifier and other technical information, such as your browser information, operating system information, device information, TCP-IP address and the date, time, length of stay and specific pages accessed during your visits to the Service (“Online Information”).
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
How do we protect visitor information?
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include P'kolino, LLC. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions
section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
P'kolino implemented and use Display Advertising. The Google Analytics features we have implemented are based on Displayed Advertising (e.g., Remarketing). Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
Information for Visitors from California and Outside of the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
Right to Removal of Posted Information--California Minors
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with P'kolino, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Service. To request removal of such information, you can contact P'kolino as provided below. Upon receiving such a request, P'kolino will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the Service, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
Visitors from Outside of the United States
We have instituted reasonable safeguards to help ensure that information collected is secure. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties who work with us to make the Site (including the software, applications and services provided on the Site) available to you agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve you and to honor your preferences about contacts you receive.
When you send or otherwise transmit your sensitive information (such as your credit card number) to or though the Sites, your sensitive information is encrypted and protected with SSL, the current industry-standard encryption protocol. When you are on an SSL-protected page, a picture of a closed lock appears at the bottom or top of some web browsers. Another way to tell if you are on a secure page is to check the URL or address of the page. (Look in the address box or right-click on the page and select "Properties".) These secure SSL-encrypted pages have URLs that start with "https://" instead of "http://".
If you have any questions about security of the Site, please contact us.